Simple to store Everything in one place. To work prop issues.
ACME Weekend Saver Kit w/C-Clamp Puller
Always have one of these on hand and ready for when you need it because there is nothing worse than a ruined weekend because you weren't prepared with the necessary tools to replace a damaged prop.
The ACME Weekend Saver Kit includes a padded prop carry case (fits up to 15" diameter prop), c-clamp prop puller, needle nose pliers, crescent wrench, and prop hardware kit.
- C-Clamp Prop Puller
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Crescent Wrench
- Replacement Nylock Nut, Key, and Cotter Pin
- Padded soft-side carry case for spare prop and tools
The 1", 1-1/8", spline shaft size kit includes a c-clamp puller and hardware that fits 1", 1-1/8", spline shaft sizes, and a carry case that fits props up to 15.5" in diameter.
The 1-1/4" shaft size kit includes a c-clamp puller and hardware that fits 1-1/4" shafts, and a carry case that fits props up to 18" in diameter.
Using a c-clamp prop puller is by far the quickest and easiest way to remove an inboard boat prop. Whether you are in your driveway or at the boat ramp, remove your damaged prop and replace it with your backup prop.
ACME C-Clamp Prop Puller Instructions
- Remove the cotter pin. Loosen the prop nut two turns (do not remove the nut). You want approximately 2 full threads of space between the nut and the prop hub.
- Back out the prop puller bolt to allow for installation of the puller. The puller "fingers" slide between the forward end of the prop hub and aft end of the strut. The puller bolt cap is positioned over the end of the shaft aft of the prop.
- Advance the puller bolt clockwise (tighten) with a wrench. Do not over-tighten. The purpose of tightening is not to break the prop free, but to apply ample pressure on the end of the shaft and the forward end of the prop hub to transfer the shock, during impact, with a hammer. DO NOT USE AN IMPACT WRENCH.
- Once the puller is firmly in place and the puller bolt is tightened down, hit the puller on the end opposite the both, with a hammer (it is also possible to hit the head of the puller bolt, but hitting it on the finger end is preferred, to avoid causing damage to the bolt, cap, or bolt thread). It may be necessary to repeat steps 3 & 4. The hammer impact and harmonics should be enough to break the prop free from the shaft taper. Once free, remove the nut, prop, and key (if applicable)
- When reinstalling the propeller, a very light film of grease or anti-seize on the shaft/bore taper is acceptable, but do not over-apply. Also, do not over-tighten the prop nut. Approximately 35 foot-pounds is sufficient.
- No Warranty
- Manufacturer Part Number
Simple to store
Must have kit
Nice kit to save your weekend when you get that prop ding - and you will sooner or later. The bag is functional enough for tool and prop storage - comes with the basics, but suggest you add a hammer to the kit to be ready. Idea is to put the prop under tension using the kit’s puller, and you then need a 12oz nylon hammer to provide a shock to get the prop to pop off the shaft. Overall solid product. Make sure to order a few extra SS cotter pins.
Works like a charm
This kit works great for prop removal! There are good videos on YouTube demonstrating the process. You will need to add a hammer to the kit for tapping the prop loose as simply tightening the C-clamp may not be enough to break the prop free and if you need to make a change you not be able to without the hammer. The c-clamp can be secured with the velcro strap but it does not fit into a pocket, which would be better, and that is the purpose of the kit. I also purchased extra stainless steel cotter pins for more than one change. (One is included in the kit) I like the bag which stored tools on one side and a spare prop on the other side with a divider between the sides. No way your tools could ding up the prop.
So close to a good product
The quality of the components is top notch but the bag should really should be a fixed storage spot for the prop and puller which just flop around unsecured. My old acme cardboard box did a much better job.
If I was to do it over again I'd just buy the puller and the hardware kit, throw them in the spare propeller box and tape it up. Same size, more secure.
This product can expose you to chemicals including DINP (Diisononyl phthalate) and DIDP (Diisodecyl phthalate) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Best Price Promise
We want you to receive the best possible deal on your boating products. We match any authorized dealer's advertised price for the same in-stock item. What does that mean for you? If you find the same product in stock at another authorized retailer we'll gladly match their price delivered price. Don't forget that on top of our free fast shipping (on any order over $99 shipped to the Continental US) we also offer our exclusive lifetime technical support.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is only valid on products sold by factory authorized internet dealers.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is not available with any coupons or individual discounts.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is based on the delivered price for the item and will factor in shipping and tax charges.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is only available on an exact, in stock product with a displayed internet price (not price implied after promotions and coupons)
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is not available to be applied retroactively, so please contact us us BEFORE placing your order.
If you have any questions about our price match policy, or if you would like us to match a price for you, simply contact us.
Note We have the right to refuse price matching at any time for any reason. In order to qualify for price matching, the item must be identical make, model, year, and part number, and must be in stock. Price matching excludes sale items and previously purchased products.
365 Day Returns
365 Day Returns Your satisfaction is our biggest priority, which is why we gladly accept returns on any new product for up to 365 days from the date your order ships. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method for up to 30 days from the original ship date. Returns on orders older than 30 days up to 365 days will be processed as store credit that can be applied to a future order.
For the full details of our 365 Return Policy, including any restrictions or exclusions, please visit the Returns & Exchanges section on Customer Service page.
Our product experts bring over 40+ years of real-world experience and knowledge of the boating industry. They really know the gear, because they spend their free time out on the water with friends and family testing the products out.
Product Expert Phone Hours 9am - 5pm (PST) Monday - Friday
Product Expert Email We respond to most emails within 24-48 hours.
Looking for specific installation guides or instructional videos? Check out our Resource Section for detailed information.
WakeMAKERS Online Shopping Tools Our Finder tools are designed to help you pick the perfect product. We've simplified the complex process of finding the right ballast or prop for you boating style and made it easy by doing the research for you.
Our goal is simple; provide the best product, at the best price, with the best customer support.
Free Shipping On Orders Over $99
The last thing you want to do is pay to have your order shipped when shopping online, which is why we include free shipping on all orders over $99*.
*Free shipping offer applies to orders over $99 shipped within the Continental United States and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions (including coupon codes).