ACME C-Clamp Prop Puller
Remove your prop the easy way with this industrial strength traditional style prop puller. Makes easy work of even the most stubborn props so you can get on with enjoying your time on the water, instead of laying on the ground fighting with a stuck prop. The Acme C-Clamp Prop Puller comes in two different sizes: one that fits 1" 1 1/8" and spline prop shafts while the larger puller size fits 1 1/4" shafts. 90% of inboard boat props are 1" or 1 1/8" but we recommend verifying your prop shaft size.The prop puller is designed to work with 3 and 4 blade props.The maximum opening is 4.5" from the end of the shaft to the back of the prop. If you do not have a Waterski or Wakeboard boat measure the distance before you purchase. Use our prop finder tool to find the prop shaft size of your boat.Why You Need It
Inboard boats have what is called a tapered shaft, which means the diameter of the prop shaft the propeller sits on gets larger further away from the end.That taper is designed to allow the prop to "seat" on the shaft for better power transmission, as the prop is literally forced further up the shaft when driving the boat forward in the water.
That taper can make it extremely difficult to remove the prop when replacing or exchanging it with a new one.Many people think the prop will simply slide off once the cotter pin and nut have been removed, and are frustrated to find that is not the case, especially when their prop is damaged, and they have a replacement but can't get the ruined one off.
Not having a prop puller to go with your spare prop is akin to not having a jack in your car; a spare tire doesn't do you any good if you can't get the old wheel/tire off to replace it.
ACME's c-clamp propeller puller is the highest quality prop puller available, it's a tool you'll only need to buy one time, and use for as long as you own inboard boats.
Due to the nature of this product, we are unable to accept returns. We will gladly honor ACME's 1-year limited warranty by sending a replacement if defects are discovered, but unfortunately, we have had customers take advantage of our return policy on this product after using it, so we no longer accept returns.
Please check the specifications listed to ensure this puller will work for your application; it is sized correctly to work on any standard watersports towboat that uses a 1", 1-1/8", 1-1/4" or spline shaft. For other applications please measure first. Sorry for the inconvenience, please contact us if you have any questions.
ACME C-Clamp Prop Puller Instructions
- Remove the cotter pin. Loosen the prop nut two turns (do not remove the nut). You want approximately 2 full threads of space between the nut and the prop hub.
- Back out the prop puller bolt to allow for installation of the puller. The puller "fingers" slide between the forward end of the prop hub and aft of the strut )barrel portion). The puller bolt cap is positioned over the end of the shaft aft of the prop.
- Advance the puller bolt clockwise (tighten) with a wrench. Do not over-tighten. The purpose of tightening is not to break the prop free, but to apply ample pressure on the end of the shaft and the forward end of the prop hub to transfer the shock, during impact, with a hammer. DO NOT USE AN IMPACT WRENCH.
- Once the puller is firmly in place and the puller bolt is tightened down, hit the puller on the end opposite the both, with a hammer (it is also possible to hit the head of the puller bolt, but hitting it on the finger end is preferred, to avoid causing damage to the bolt, cap, or bolt thread). It may be necessary to repeat steps 3 & 4. The hammer impact and harmonics should be enough to break the prop free from the shaft taper. Once free, remove the nut, prop, and key (if applicable)
- When reinstalling the propeller, a very light film of grease or anti-seize on the shaft/bore taper is acceptable, but do not over-apply. Also, do not over-tighten the prop nut. Approximately 35 foot-pounds is sufficient.
Difficulty level: easy-moderate
Estimated time: under 15 minutes
- No Warranty
- ACME - view brand page
- Item #
This product can expose you to chemicals including DINP (Diisononyl phthalate) and DIDP (Diisodecyl phthalate) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Best Price Promise
We want you to receive the best possible deal on your boating products. We match any authorized dealer's advertised price for the same in-stock item. What does that mean for you? If you find the same product in stock at another authorized retailer we'll gladly match their price delivered price. Don't forget that on top of our free fast shipping (on any order over $99 shipped to the Continental US) we also offer our exclusive lifetime technical support.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is only valid on products sold by factory authorized internet dealers.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is not available with any coupons or individual discounts.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is based on the delivered price for the item and will factor in shipping and tax charges.
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is only available on an exact, in stock product with a displayed internet price (not price implied after promotions and coupons)
- WakeMAKERS Best Price Promise is not available to be applied retroactively, so please contact us us BEFORE placing your order.
If you have any questions about our price match policy, or if you would like us to match a price for you, simply contact us.
Note We have the right to refuse price matching at any time for any reason. In order to qualify for price matching, the item must be identical make, model, year, and part number, and must be in stock. Price matching excludes sale items and previously purchased products.
365 Day Returns
365 Day Returns Your satisfaction is our biggest priority, which is why we gladly accept returns on any new product for up to 365 days from the date your order ships. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method. Returns on orders older than 30 days can be processed but will be completed for store credit in total of the returned item and not a return on the original payment method. Returns on orders older than 365 days cannot be processed and are unable to be accepted.
Option 1: To initiate a return, log in to your account and click on the "My Orders" tab on the left side of the page, navigate to the order or product you'd like to return and follow the instructions to return the item/s.
Option 2: Contact us via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). Fill out the back of the packing slip that was included with your order, noting the RMA number where specified and include the packing slip with your shipment back to us. Returns without an RMA number and packing slip cannot be processed and will not be accepted. If you need a duplicate copy of the packing slip, contact us.
Returns will be processed within 3 business days after receiving them. Please note that it can take up to 10 business days (2 weeks) for the refunds to be posted to your original payment method.
*Returns for propellers, propeller pullers, custom ballast bags, blemished ballast bags, lengths of hose, lengths of wire, eFoil Batteries and any other custom modified product are not accepted. All sales on these products are final.
Our product experts bring over 40+ years of real-world experience and knowledge of the boating industry. They really know the gear, because they spend their free time out on the water with friends and family testing the products out.
Product Expert Phone Hours 9am - 5pm (PST) Monday - Friday
Product Expert Email We respond to most emails within 24-48 hours.
Looking for specific installation guides or instructional videos? Check out our Resource Section for detailed information.
WakeMAKERS Online Shopping Tools Our Finder tools are designed to help you pick the perfect product. We've simplified the complex process of finding the right ballast or prop for you boating style and made it easy by doing the research for you.
Our goal is simple; provide the best product, at the best price, with the best customer support.
Free Shipping On Orders Over $99
The last thing you want to do is pay to have your order shipped when shopping online, which is why we include free shipping on all orders over $99*.
*Free shipping offer applies to orders over $99 shipped within the Continental United States and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions (including coupon codes).